Shelby Madden

Exploring my limits with a bike and big (potentially dumb) ideas!

Ground Hog's Day and Million Dollar Madness

Well, it's that time and this sister is committed! I'm super excited to have officially signed up for the Qualcomm Million Dollar Challenge to benefit the Challenged Athletes Foundation. Along with 100 other cyclists, I will be riding my little scooter from San Francisco to San Diego, a total of 620-miles in a week, in order to raise awareness and funding for CAF. This is a huge undertaking in many ways but watch one of the videos below and you will see a small glimpse of how this effort impacts people's lives:

Evan Morgan: CAF Spokesperson and War Veteran


Jake Frank's Story:


And of course, little Ms. Scout Bassett. Scout and I had some great times this past summer. With the help of CAF and Bill Holland of Holland Cycles, she has one of the coolest custom fit bikes I've ever seen-next to mine, of course! It's tough to beat the Orange Crush when it comes to coolness. HA! Unfortunately, you won't see Scout's new bike in the video but I'll get some pictures up eventually.




I had a hard time choosing which video to share, can ya tell? There is so much good and so many stories that come out of an organization like CAF. With this in mind,
I hope you’ll
Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me get this ball a-rollin'!

Wish me luck and spread the word!

0 comments:

Post a Comment