Shelby Madden

Exploring my limits with a bike and big (potentially dumb) ideas!

Upscale Digs

Every morning I wake up, I get a good internal laugh and external smile out of this view. This is my shower in the "off" position:
When Phaedra was here, I heard her laughing really loudly while taking a bath. When she finally found the ability to speak, she yelled out, "You know when you move furniture around and it kinda feels like you have a whole new place?" My response, "Ya...." Her reply, "Well, when you see what happened, just try to remember that and think of it as a bathroom remodel of sorts."

Apparently, the handle came off in her hand and neither of us can seem to figure out how to get it back on the right way. Well, in all honestly, we probably only spent a total of 5 minutes trying to figure it out because it looks so stupid we just ended up laughing.
So, there it has stayed and everyday, I get to wake up to a laugh. Here's to hoping you find at least one thing that makes you laugh inside and smile outside, today.
Happy Friday!

Update:
Haley's comment made me realize if I'm going to title a post, "Upscale Digs," I can't leave mention of water features alone as it is yet another visual that always brings an inner chuckle to my day. Haley once told me, in response to my comment about living in a very "urban" part of town, that if a place has a water feature, it's a solid indication of high class living. We both laughed really hard since the last place I lived in had, what I thought was, the lamest water feature ever...but it WAS a water feature so according to Haley's logic, based on I-don't-know-what, this sister was living large!
Well, when I moved, I could hardly contain my enthusiasm and quickly notified Haley of the good news; as it turns out my new place also has a water feature of even lamer proportions! If this doesn't say, "Upscale," then I know not what the word means!
Make no mistake, I love the area where I live as it has everything that is cool in my world. I just can't help but find the humor and beauty in its perfect imperfections. What's not to love about that waterfall or the copious amounts of plastic flowers planted in real soil about the shared patio space that never seem to loose their bloom and glitter and even get changed with the advent of each season or holiday?!
Still smiling.
Again, Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Phaedra Cote January 29, 2010 at 8:48 AM  

OMG, I am crying I am laughing SO hard. I'm trying to tell the boys why I'm laughing so hard but I can't speak. They are standing by me, as I type, staring at me in stitches. I love you man. Oh, my face and abs hurt. Good stuff.

Haley Cooper-Scott January 29, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

Ummm. You forgot to photodocument the water feature. Upscale!

Post a Comment